1. Good Visual Design – A clean, eye catching, design. Keep it updated with the current trends.
2. Keep your customer in mind. Make it easy for them to navigate your website.
3. Content – Put the most important information ‘above the fold’. Provide helpful and knowledgeable information about your company, products and services.
4. Solid ‘About’ Page – People are curious and want to know about your company. It gives a potential client information about you and helps them make a connection with you.
5. Search Field – If you have a large website include a search field.
6. Include a Sign up or Subscribe field so customers have the option to receive updates and keep informed.
7. Sitemap – You want to include a sitemap so visitors, to your site, can find what they are looking for easily. You also want a search engine sitemap.
8. Cross Browser Compatibility – Make sure your website works in the most popular browsers such as Firefox and Internet Explorer.
9. Statistics, Tracking and Analytics – Make sure you sign up for a service that helps you track the number of visitors to your website.
10. Search Engine Optimization – Include titles, keywords, descriptions, etc. so that search engines will find your site when customers are searching for products and services you offer.